- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- lovely views
- traditional setting
- no private baths
Onyado Daikichi Review
The windows in all six tatami rooms of this minshuku face the wooded valley. The chef prepares local specialties such as horse-meat sashimi, mountain vegetables, and fried grasshoppers, but more-familiar Japanese food is also on the menu. Owner Nobuko-san welcomes foreign guests and even speaks a little English. There are shared Japanese baths.
- Address: Tsumago, Nagiso-machi, Kiso-gun, 399-5302
- Phone: 0264/57-2595
- Location: Kiso Valley
- 6 Japanese-style rooms without bath.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Low Matsumoto Rate: Book Fr $169+/Nt Hotels.com
- Book 3-Star Chisun & Conference Center Niigata Fr $98+/Nt Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Niigata Savings! Book at Apa Niigata-Furumachi Fr $85+/Nt — $85 Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Book 3-Star APA Toyama in Toyama Fr $72+/Nt — $72 Save with Expedia, $15/night less
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Here are the train segments we need. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more