- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Tsugaike Shizen-en (Tsugaike Natural Park)
Tsugaike Shizen-en (Tsugaike Natural Park) Review
This alpine marshland dazzles with a wide variety of rare alpine flora from early June to late October and is graced with gold and crimson leaves from September to October. It is a three-hour walk to take in the entire park. Getting there requires a one-hour bus ride (early June to late October) from Hakuba Oike Station, two stops north of Hakuba Station.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Low Matsumoto Rate: Book Fr $169+/Nt Hotels.com
- Niigata Savings! Book at Apa Niigata-Furumachi Fr $85+/Nt Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Book 3-Star Chisun & Conference Center Niigata Fr $98+/Nt — $98 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Book 3-Star APA Toyama in Toyama Fr $72+/Nt — $72 Save with Expedia, $15/night less
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Here are the train segments we need. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more