You might be surprised to find a funky Balinese eatery alongside the Sai-gawa River, but the gado-gado (vegetables in a spicy sauce), nasi goreng (Indonesian-style fried rice), or chicken satay (grilled on a skewer, with peanut sauce) prove that it's the real deal. Indonesian beer and mango ice cream are also available. After dinner the atmosphere gets quite lively, as the place stays open past midnight during the week and until 4:30 am on weekends. From Kata-machi Scramble (the area's central intersection), turn right just before Sai-gawa Bridge, and follow the narrow lane along the river.
- Address: 2–31–30 Kata-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa-ken, 920-0981
- Phone: 076/262–6510
- Location: Kanazawa
- No credit cards.
- Closed Wed. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello, Well, I've been back for a couple of months now, so I better put out a trip report before my next vacation coming up next w... Read more
26.03.14 After 10 hrs flight from Copenhagen, arrival at the Narita Airport, Tokyo. Arrival ahead of time. We wait for our two frie... Read more