- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
You might be surprised to find a funky Balinese eatery alongside the Sai-gawa River, but the gado-gado (vegetables in a spicy sauce), nasi goreng (Indonesian-style fried rice), or chicken satay (grilled on a skewer, with peanut sauce) prove that it's the real deal. Indonesian beer and mango ice cream are also available. After dinner the atmosphere gets quite lively, as the place stays open past midnight during the week and until 4:30 am on weekends. From Kata-machi Scramble (the area's central intersection), turn right just before Sai-gawa Bridge, and follow the narrow lane along the river.
- Address: 2–31–30 Kata-machi, Kanazawa, 920-0981
- Phone: 076/262–6510
- Location: Kanazawa
- No credit cards.
- Closed Wed. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more
DH and I spent 3 weeks in Japan from Nov.1-Noiv. 22. By way of introduction, we are both retired, and have traveled extensively over the past 40 years, sometimes on tours and sometimes on our own. With Read more
My two sons (20 and 23) are taking their first trip to Japan next month. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more