- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Slip into this little tea shop for a scoop of delicious macha sofuto kurumu (green tea ice cream) or a cup of tea. You can sit in the little garden in back or on benches out front. At the far end of the Tate-machi shopping street the heavenly scent of roasting green tea leaves wafts out the door. The café is open daily from 9 to 7:30.
- Address: 3 Tate-machi, Kanazawa, 920-0962
- Phone: 076/221-0982
- Location: Kanazawa
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $105 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax) — $874 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
As it stands now, we have the following train rides during our October-November stay in Japan:
1. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more