- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Excellent bento and fish and vegetable dinners have been made here for nearly 100 years in the renowned Kenroku Garden. Prices are still reasonable—the Kaga kaiseki course is less than ¥3,000. In the annex macha tea is served with Japanese pastries from Morihachi, a confectioner with a 360-year history.
- Address: 1 Kenroku-cho, Kanazawa, 920-0936
- Phone: 076/221-0127
- Location: Kanazawa
- Closed Tues.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & Up: Cheap Matsumoto Stay Hotels.com
- Super Low Matsumoto Rate: Book Fr $99+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $116/night less
- Book 3-Star APA Niigata-Higashinakadori in Niigata Fr $51+/Nt — $51 Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Book 3-Star Chisun & Conference Center Niigata Fr $85+/Nt — $85 Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Toyama Savings! Book at Daiwa Roynet Toyama Fr $98+/Nt — $98 Expedia
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
I am planning a trip to Japan for Nov. Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more