- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The Hakuba Village Office of Tourism, to the right as you exit the train station, provides basic maps (mostly in Japanese). Near the Alpico bus terminal and Happo bus stop is the Happo-o-ne Tourism Association. The staff can help you reserve a hotel room, but for the peak summer and winter seasons, you should book in advance. Run by a Canadian and Japanese couple, Evergreen Outdoor Center offers a variety of outdoor tours year-round. It is also a good place to get information on outdoor activities in the Hakuba area.
Evergreen Outdoor Center (Kokusai Lodge, 4377 Hokujou, Hakuba Village, 399-9301. 0261/72–5150. www.evergreen-hakuba.com.)
Hakuba Village Office of Tourism (6141–4 Hakuba-machi, Kita-anbo-gun, Nagano-ken, 399-9301. 0261/72–5000. vill.hakuba.nagano.jp/english.)
Happo-o-ne Tourism Association (5734-1 Kitajo-happo, Hakuba-mura, Kita-anbo-gun, Nagano-ken, 399-9301. 0261/72-3066.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe