- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Tourist information centers in Shikoku's main cities might have the only skilled English speakers you meet on the island. Use them for advice, transportation info, reservations, recommendations, maps, and local news. Foreign tourists are still relatively rare on Shikoku, so be specific about what you're interested in, and ask a lot of questions.
Japan Travel Phone is a nationwide English-language hotline providing travel information and assistance. Call from yellow, blue, or green public phones (not red phones); insert a ¥10 coin, which will be returned.
Japan Travel Phone English-language hotline. 0120/444-800 or 0088/224-800. Daily 9-5.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $105 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan