- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Short-haul and overnight buses connect Shikoku's four major cities to a number of cities on Honshu and with each other—useful when no direct train route exists, like between Matsuyama and Kochi or Tokushima. Buses also provide access to far-flung coastal and mountain regions.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe