- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Shikoku has four prefectures—Kagawa in the northeast, Tokushima below it, Ehime in the west, and Kochi along the entire Pacific coast. This is arranged as an itinerary beginning in Kagawa's Takamatsu and moving through Tokushima to the central Iya Valley, south to Kochi, and finally north towards Ehime's Matsuyama. The reverse loop is just as practicable. The advantage of finishing around Matsuyama is the easy access by bus or bicycle to Hiroshima, or by ferry to Hiroshima, Kyushu, Kobe, or Osaka—perfect for a direct link to Kansai Airport if it's time to go home.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $105 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan