- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Follow your nose to this place inside the Hirome-ichiba Market, and don't leave without trying the katsuo tataki, the regional fish specialty and the only item on the menu. Look for the orange flames erupting from this stall's window. Fresh cuts of fish are seared to perfection by a cook perilously close to being engulfed by the flames that he's feeding with big handfuls of straw. Your meal is served on a bed of rice or drizzled with a citrusy soy sauce, and you'll never get enough of it. Most of the fish comes from the port town Kure, and this shop belongs to the captain of Kure's largest fishing vessel. It's hugely popular with locals, so go for an early lunch or dinner to avoid lines.
- Address: Hirome-ichiba Market, 2–3–1 Obiya-machi Arcade, Kōchi, 780-0842
- Phone: 088/820–5101
- Location: Kochi
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more