- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- great baths
- clean facilities
- nowhere near the undeveloped interior of the valley
- low on personality
Along Route 45, this onsen resort looms down from a bluff. The hotel's separate bath annex is what you're here for: ¥1,000 (plus a few hundred extra for a towel) gets you access to the sumptuous outdoor bath and indoor spa, and even a skin-cleansing salt-rub sauna. The restaurant also impresses; each table is a traditional raised hearth, where fresh river fish and mountain vegetables are cooked in front of you. The hotel itself is pretty flavorless.
- Address: 401 Oi-no-Uchi Nishi Iya Sanzon Village, Miyoshi City, 778-0101
- Phone: 0883/87-2300
- Location: Iya Valley and Oboke-Koboke Gorges
- 8 Western-style rooms, 15 Japanese-style rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
First, thanks to all who replied to my other thread about where to go for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more