- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Togyu Bullfighting Review
These bullfights date back to the 18th century, and if you can make it during one of the five annual tournaments, you'll have a great time watching two bulls lock horns. The stadium is at the top of Mt. Maruyama (more of a hill than a mountain), a 30-minute walk or ten minute cab ride from Uwajima Station.
- Address: 496–2 Warei-cho, Uwajima, 798-0012
- Phone: 0895/22–3934 Uwajima tourist info
- Cost: ¥2,500 for bullfights
- Hours: Tournaments Jan. 2, 1st Sun. in Apr., July 24, Aug. 14, and 4th Sun. in Oct.
- Location: Uwajima
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
All my trips to Asia have been so successful in large part because of the advice I’ve received from Fodorites. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more