- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
In past centuries, pirate attacks were the biggest surprise you might encounter on the Seto Inland Sea. Now, it’s the world-class art museums of Naoshima. This tiny island in the inland sea between Takamatsu and Okayama boasts three world-class contemporary art museums as well as an installation art project. Several surrounding islands are getting into the action, including Teshima, Inujima, Shodoshima, Megijima, and Ogijima, all of which participate in the Setouchi Trienniale International Art Festival. If you’re a fan of or are just curious about contemporary art, don’t miss this unexpected highlight.
Naoshima at a Glance
Elsewhere in Shikoku
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's