- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Shikoku's largest city, Matsuyama prides itself on a great history, friendly disposition, fantastic cultural attractions, and a love for fine food, intense fashion, and haiku. You'll be quickly captivated by the sights and feel of the city, and you can join in the fun; bathe at Dogo Onsen, Japan's oldest hot spring, hit the fashion avenue downtown, or go restaurant crawling through the best spots on the island. Denizens say it's sumi-yasui (easy living) here, and you'll find Matsuyama one of the most rewarding stops along your route.
Matsuyama at a Glance
Elsewhere in Shikoku
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's