- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The Konpira Shrine is the draw here: this mountaintop temple housing the Shinto deity who protects seafarers draws pilgrims from all over Japan. Though it’s a long climb up a flight of stone steps, the shrine and its views of the Inland Sea are worth it. Other than the shrine, there’s not much else in town. An evening stroll along its canal-lined streets can be pleasant, if you have limited time on Shikoku you’ll want to stay elsewhere.
Kotohira at a Glance
Elsewhere in Shikoku
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's