- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Shikoku
Get Off the Concrete: Discover Shikoku's natural charms by rafting, hiking, walking, and swimming. Best of all, bicycle across the Seto Inland Sea on a series of island-hopping bridges.
Get Your Hands Dirty: Try a martial art, make soba noodles, dye fabrics, and learn a two-step in time for the summer dances.
Get Down, Get Funky: Festivals mark every weekend between April and October leading up to the biggest dance festivals in the nation—Yosakoi and Awa Odori.
Get Personal: Encounter Shikoku's legendary hospitality first-hand.
Get Real: Shikoku may very well be the closest a tourist can get to "the real Japan," with its time-forgotten towns like Uchiko and Nishi-Iya, unique landmarks like Dogo Onsen and Kompira-san, and acres of rice.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe