- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Waterman Tours. If burly diving instructor Tokuoka-san's beach-bum appearance doesn't immediately inspire confidence, his experienced, skilled instructional manner will win you over in no time. More than two decades of teaching diving courses in the United States, Mexico, New Caledonia, and here on Iriomote give him a sensitivity to people's different learning styles when approaching diving for the first time. His guidance will put you at ease, and his courses through reefs and rocks will thrill you. Snorkelling and stand-up paddle boarding tours are also available. 538–1 Uehara, Taketomi-cho, Iriomote, Okinawa, 907-1541. 0980/85–6005.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe