- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Okinawa
Local Flavors: Okinawa's food, music, art, and local spirit combine powerful influences from all over Asia with funky, homegrown flavors.
Tragic History: Moving memorials tell the poignant story of the chaos that ravaged this idyllic landscape during World War II's fierce final battle.
Getting Wild: Snorkeling, diving, trekking, sailing, fishing, whale-watching, and kayaking are in your reach in Japan's most pristine and enticing natural vistas.
Dazzling Reefs: Okinawa's abundant reefs are home to varied marine life thriving in clear, warm seas. Dive with manta rays and hammerhead sharks or simply glide over gardens of hard and soft corals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe