- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The journey on the two-lane expressway from Tokyo to Nagoya takes about 5 hours; from Kyoto allow 2½ hours. Major highways also connect Nagoya to Nagano, Takayama, Kanazawa, and Nara. Japanese highways are jam-prone, with holiday season traffic jams out of Tokyo sometimes reaching 100 km (60 mi) in length. Signage is confusing, so be sure to get a car with satellite navigation or a good road map.
Wide main streets make Nagoya relatively easy to navigate. Road signs in the city often point to places out of town, however, so a detailed map is advised.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe