- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Highway buses operated by JR and Meitetsu connect Nagoya with major cities, including Tokyo and Kyoto. The fare is half that of the Shinkansen trains, but the journey takes three times longer.
City buses crisscross Nagoya, running either north–south or east–west. The basic fare is ¥200 and ¥100 for children—pay when you get on the bus. A one-day bus pass costs ¥600, and a combination bus/subway pass costs ¥850 (¥600 on weekends and national holidays). Detailed information on bus travel can be collected at the Tourist Information Office in the center of Nagoya Station, and day- and combination-passes are available at bus terminals and subway stations.
JR Tokai Bus (052/563–0489.)
Meitetsu Highway Bus (052/582–0489.)
Nagoya City Transportation Bureau (052/522–0111. www.kotsu.city.nagoya.jp.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe