- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Izakaya Toramaru Review
This traditional restaurant doesn't open on days when there's not a delivery of fresh fish, which tells you how seriously the cooks take their food. Though it has a fairly diverse menu, the main draw here is the expertly prepared sashimi, served in haphazardly shaped pottery dishes. Ask the staff to recommend a libation from the extensive selection of Japanese sake and shochu. Izakaya Toramaru is housed in a replica warehouse two blocks east of Hoshide-kan.
- Address: 2–13–6 Kawasaki, Ise, 516-0009
- Phone: 0596/22–9298
- Location: Ise
- No credit cards.
- Closed Thurs. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
After living in Japan for 2 years in the mid-70's I am finally getting to go back for a visit. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more