- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
U no Iori U
U no Iori U Review
Cormorants strut around the Japanese garden outside this café, where the specialty is ayu (sweetfish). The owner boasts of upholding the 1,300-year-old local ukai tradition, and the ayu are prepared every way imaginable. Most popular are ayu-zosui, a rice porridge, and ayu-no-narezushi, a kind of reverse sushi with the ayu stuffed full of rice. It is 1½ blocks west of Ryokan Sugiyama.
- Address: 94–10 Naka-Ukai, Nagara Gifu, 502-0071
- Phone: 058/232–2839
- Location: Gifu
- No credit cards.
- No dinner. Closed 2nd and 4th Sun., 1st, 3rd, and 5th Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more