At a Glance
- reasonably priced
- on the harbor
- good if you like fish
- some spoken Japanese essential
- Western-style rooms are drab
Staying at this small, family-run ryokan next to the harbor in Daio allows you to enjoy the peaceful evening after the tourists have left and witness the early-morning activity of the fishermen. A good traditional-style restaurant serves lunch and dinner every day, with fresh local ebi (lobster) the main attraction. Western-style rooms are available, but try to get one of the Japanese-style tatami rooms overlooking the water. Daio can be reached by bus from Ugata, and the harbor bus stop is 20 meters from the ryokan.
- Address: 244 Namigiri, Shima-gun, 517-0603
- Phone: 0599/72–1234
- Location: Kashikojima
- 3 Western-style rooms; 4 Japanese-style rooms, 2 with bath
- Rate includes some meals.