- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Yamamotoya Sohonke Review
Misonikomi udon (noodles in a miso-based broth with green onions and mushrooms) dominates the menu at this simple, almost rustic restaurant. A big, steaming bowl of this hearty, cold-chasing specialty starts at ¥976. Pay a little extra to top it off with something like a raw egg, or opt for a side dish like yakitori chicken.
- Address: 3–12–19 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, 460-0008
- Phone: 052/241–5617
- Location: Nagoya
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
How can I purchase and reserve seats on the Nozomi train between Tokto and Kyoto? Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more