- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Yamamotoya Sohonke Review
Misonikomi udon (udon noodles in a hearty, miso-based broth with green onions and mushrooms) dominates the menu at this simple restaurant. A big, steaming bowl of this hearty, cold-chasing specialty starts at just ¥976. It is halfway between the Fushimi and Yaba-cho subway stations, across the road from the eye-catching Nadya Park Building.
- Address: 3-12-19 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, 460-0008
- Phone: 052/241-5617
- Location: Nagoya
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Japan Awaits You! Flights to Nagoya From 698 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- $122 & Up: Best Western Nagoya 4-Star Hotel in Nagoya Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Look no Further! Nagoya Hotels Fr $84+/Nt Travelocity
- Special deal: 3-Star Nagoya Sakae Washington Plaza Fr $75+/Nt — $75 Expedia
- Save in Nagoya: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $152+/Nt — $152 Save with Expedia, $14/night less
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
This October, my husband and I are stopping off Narita for 11 days on our way back to USA from Taipei. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more