- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- foreigner friendly
- good location
- dead zone after 9 pm
- at the mercy of the elements in summer and winter
Check Rates from our Partners
This 85-year-old traditional-style inn has wood-decorated tatami rooms and narrow, squeaking corridors. The hosts are congenial and considerate—they provide dinner at a table for those tired of sitting on the floor, and vegetarian and macrobiotic meals if requested in advance. Hoshide-kan is near the quaint Kawasaki area, 5 minutes' walk north from the Kintetsu Station or 10 minutes from the JR Station. Follow the main street and it's on the right just before the second set of signals. If you want to explore the city on two wheels, the hotel rents bicycles for ¥300 a day.
- Address: 2-15-2 Kawasaki, Ise, 516-0009
- Phone: 0596/28-2377
- Location: Ise
- 10 Japanese-style rooms with shared bath.
- Rate includes some meals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Japan Awaits You! Flights to Nagoya From 698 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Nagoya Savings! Book at Best Western Nagoya Fr $122+/Nt Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Visit Nagoya for Less: Hotels Fr $88+/Nt Travelocity
- Nagoya Kanko in May: $152 & Up — $152 Save with Expedia, $14/night less
- Nagoya Savings! Book at Nagoya Sakae Washington Plaza Fr $75+/Nt — $75 Expedia
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
This October, my husband and I are stopping off Narita for 11 days on our way back to USA from Taipei. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more