- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- foreigner friendly
- good location
- dead zone after 9 pm
- at the mercy of the elements in summer and winter
Check Rates from our Partners
This 85-year-old traditional-style inn has wood-decorated tatami rooms and narrow, squeaking corridors. The hosts are congenial and considerate—they provide dinner at a table for those tired of sitting on the floor, and vegetarian and macrobiotic meals if requested in advance. Hoshide-kan is near the quaint Kawasaki area, 5 minutes' walk north from the Kintetsu Station or 10 minutes from the JR Station. Follow the main street and it's on the right just before the second set of signals. If you want to explore the city on two wheels, the hotel rents bicycles for ¥300 a day.
- Address: 2-15-2 Kawasaki, Ise, 516-0009
- Phone: 0596/28-2377
- Location: Ise
- 10 Japanese-style rooms with shared bath.
- Rate includes some meals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Japan Awaits You! Flights to Nagoya From 798 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Jun deal: Nagoya Sakae Washington Plaza Fr $77+/Nt Expedia
- Nagoya Savings! Book 3 Nts in Jun at the b nagoya Fr $88+/Nt Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- Japan in Style! Students Fly From $693 One Way — $693+ STA Travel
- Book in Nagoya: Save this Jun Fr $64+/Nt — $64 Save with Expedia, $7/night less
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
As it stands now, we have the following train rides during our October-November stay in Japan:
1. Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more