- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Inuyama sits along the Kiso River, on the border between Aichi and Gifu prefectures. A historically strategic site, the city changed hands several times during the Edo period. You can see cormorant fishing here from June 1 to October 15; tickets are available from major hotels for ¥2,200 to ¥5,000.
Inuyama at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Nagoya, Ise-Shima, and the Kii Peninsula
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's