- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
This small city halfway between Nagoya and Nara has some interesting claims to fame. Noted haiku poet Matsuo Basho was born here in the 1640s, and it was home to one of Japan's leading ninja schools. Iga Ueno is accessible from Nagoya, Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka on JR lines.
Iga Ueno at a Glance
Elsewhere in Nagoya, Ise-Shima, and the Kii Peninsula
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's