- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The closest airport is Oita Airport. The flight to Oita Airport from Tokyo's Haneda Airport takes 1½ hours; the flight from Osaka's Itami Airport takes 1 hour. From the airport to Yufuin, buses run six times daily (8–8, ¥1,500; 55 minutes).
The Kujugo, run by Kyushu Odan Teiki Kanko Bus, travels between Kumamoto and Beppu three times daily (8:40 am, 9:50 am, and 2:30 pm), stopping in Yufuin along the way. The one-way fare from Kumamoto to Yufuin (3¾ hours) is ¥5,800.
JR Yufuin-no-Mori Express trains run three times daily between Fukuoka's Hakata Station and Yufuin Station; they take two hours, 10 minutes and cost ¥4,440.
Oita Airport (Shimobaru, Aki-machi, Kunisaki, Oita, 873-0231. 0978/67–1174.)
Oita Kotsu Bus Company (097/534–7455.)
Kyushu Sanko Kotsu Bus (096/325-0100.)
Yufuin Station (8–2 Kawakita, Yufuin, 879-5114. 0977/84–2021.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe