- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Kyushu Hotel Reviews
You can find the usual American hotel chains, with all the familiar extras, in places like Fukuoka and Nagasaki. The rural areas surrounding Aso and Kagoshima have snug little inns with views of the surrounding peaks. In Yufuin nearly all hotels and ryokan (guesthouses) offer soothing thermal mineral water baths. Unless otherwise noted, all hotel rooms have private baths. Reservations are essential during the long national holidays, particularly Golden Week (late April–early May), Obon (mid-August), and New Year's (first week of January) when Japanese tourists flock to the island.
Browse Kyushu Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's