- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Taxis are readily available in Kyoto. Fares for smaller-size cabs start at ¥640 for the first 2 km (1 mi), with a cost of ¥100 for each additional 500 meters. Many taxi companies provide guided tours of the city, priced per hour or per route. Keihan Taxi has four-hour tours from ¥18,000 per car; MK Taxi runs similar tours starting at ¥18,000 for three hours. There are fixed fares for some sightseeing services that start and end at Kyoto Station. A 7½-hour tour of the city's major sights will cost in the region of ¥26,000 with any of the 17 taxi companies, including Keihan Taxi and MK Taxi.
Keihan Taxi. 075/622-4000.
MK Taxi (075/778–4141. www.mk-group.co.jp/kyoto.)
Yasaka Taxi (075/842-1214. www.yasaka.jp/english.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe