- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Kyoto has a 28-station subway system. The Karasuma Line runs north to south from Kokusai Kaikan to Takeda. The Tozai Line runs between Nijo in the west and Roku-jizo in the east. Purchase tickets at the vending machines in stations before boarding. Fares increase with distance traveled and begin at ¥210. Service runs 5:30 am - 11:30 pm.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe