- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The most interesting southern Kyoto sights are three religious structures: Tofuku-ji, Fushimi-Inari Taisha, and Byodo-in; the latter is actually in the tea-producing city of Uji, which houses a variety of other religious sites including the quiet Zen temple, Kosho-ji, and the world heritage site, Ujigamijinja. Both Fushimi-Inari Taisha and the temple Daigo-ji in southern Kyoto are on mountains with trails to explore.
Southern Kyoto at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's