Sights & Attractions in Kyoto
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Things to Do in Arashiyama
The most unusual feature of this temple is the cemetery, where...
Dense bamboo forests—with their rows on rows of long, ringed...
Katsura Imperial Villa
The setting for this villa is a perfect example of Japanese integration...
|Houses / Mansions||Arashiyama|
Entrance into this temple complex transports you into an extraordinary...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Arashiyama|
One of Kyoto's oldest temples, Koryu-ji was founded in 622 by...
For good reason this is known as the Temple of the Heavenly Dragon:...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe