Sights & Attractions in Kyoto
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Things to Do in Arashiyama
The most unusual feature of this temple is the cemetery, where...
Arashiyama Monkey Park
After hiking for 15 minutes up a low-lying mountain, you can...
Dense bamboo forests—with their rows on rows of long, ringed...
Katsura Imperial Villa
The setting for this villa is a perfect example of Japanese integration...
|Houses / Mansions||Arashiyama|
Entrance into this temple complex transports you into an extraordinary...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Arashiyama|
One of Kyoto's oldest temples, Koryu-ji was founded in 622 by...
For good reason this is known as the Temple of the Heavenly Dragon:...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's