Sights & Attractions in Kyoto
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Things to Do in Arashiyama
The most unusual feature of this temple is the cemetery, where...
Dense bamboo forests—with their rows upon rows of long...
The setting for this villa is a perfect example of Japanese integration...
|Houses / Mansions||Arashiyama|
Entrance into this temple complex transports you into an extraordinary...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Arashiyama|
One of Kyoto's oldest temples, Koryu-ji was founded in 622 by...
For good reason this is known as the Temple of the Heavenly Dragon:...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel