- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Kisaki Yudofu Review
This is the place for a hearty and healthy meal. Though some dishes include meat or chicken, the cuisine here relies mostly on fresh vegetables, including plenty of pickles and seaweed. The hospitable, English-speaking owner, Emiko, will cater to special requests. Tempura, warmed tofu, and hot pots cooked at the table are the staples in this attractive two-story restaurant along the Philosopher's Path overlooking maple and cherry trees. Try the Kisaki nabe that includes pork, chicken, beef, chrysanthemum, shiitake, and spinach. This is the place to be in August during the Okuribi Festival, when it is possible to watch the distant hillside fires lighted in the shape of a ship on its symbolic journey to the Buddhist Pure Land. Although the restaurant closes at 9, the last order is taken at 7:30.
- Address: 173–5 Minamida-cho, Jodoji Sakyō-ku, Kyōto, 606-8403
- Phone: 075/751–7406
- Location: Eastern Kyoto
- No credit cards.
- Closed Wed.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi, My name is Jana, I am a french woman living in Japan for almost 10 years now.
I had the chance to visit Wakura Onsen, but most importantly the Kagaya Ryokan (traditional hotel), one of the most famous Read more
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more
Dear Travel Wizards,
In June, I'm taking a six-week trip with my wife through various parts of Asia. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
There are infinite reasons to hit both Tokyo and Kyoto while visiting Japan (mochi donuts, anyone?). So,... Read more
This pass offers unlimited travel on Japan Railways (JR) trains...... Read more