- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Kisaki Yudofu Review
This is the place for a hearty and healthy meal. Though some dishes include meat or chicken, the cuisine here relies mostly on fresh vegetables, including plenty of pickles and seaweed. The hospitable, English-speaking owner, Emiko, will cater to special requests. Tempura, warmed tofu, and hot pots cooked at the table are the staples in this attractive two-story restaurant along the Philosopher's Path overlooking maple and cherry trees. Try the Kisaki nabe that includes pork, chicken, beef, chrysanthemum, shiitake, and spinach. This is the place to be in August during the Okuribi Festival, when it is possible to watch the distant hillside fires lighted in the shape of a ship on its symbolic journey to the Buddhist Pure Land. Although the restaurant closes at 9, the last order is taken at 7:30.
- Address: 173–5 Minamida-cho, Jodoji Sakyō-ku, Kyōto, 606-8403
- Phone: 075/751–7406
- Location: Eastern Kyoto
- No credit cards.
- Closed Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more