- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Zezekan Pocchiri Review
Zezekan Pocchiri. Feast on Beijing-style cuisine in this impressive Taisho-era warehouse with antique glass windows and an inner courtyard garden. The fascinating mural of ornate pocchiri clasps used by geishalike maiko-san to secure their belts gives the place its name. Evening meals include a parade of small appetizers and more-substantial dishes like spicy tofu stir-fries, chicken stews, and delicately flavored sea bream. For ¥11,000 you can order a meal inspired by Imperial Court cuisine, featuring savory Peking duck and seasonal delicacies like spiny lobster and crab stew. The detached bar stocks a good selection of Chinese aperitifs and European wines, and stays open until 11. Nishiki-koji, Muromachi-Nishi-iru, 283–2 Tenjinyama-cho, Nakagyō-ku, Kyōto, 604-8221. 075/257–5766. Reservations essential.
- Address: Nishiki-koji, Muromachi-Nishi-iru, 283–2 Tenjinyama-cho, Nakagyō-ku, Kyōto, 604-8221
- Phone: 075/257–5766
- Location: Central Kyoto
- Reservations essential.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more