- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Kyoto Gion Oishimbo
Kyoto Gion Oishimbo Review
Kyoto Gion Oishimbo. The menu at this restaurant in the heart of Gion hits just the right balance. Choose between two courses or order à la carte. Excellent preparation and presentation take the simple, unpretentious o-banzai (home-style) dishes to another level. Seishu Oishinbo, the house sake, makes everything taste even better. As is common for old houses in the neighborhood, the tatami-matted rooms on the first floor overlook a small courtyard garden. The restaurant is just off Gion's main drag.
- Address: Gion-cho Minamigawa 570-123, Hanami komichi Higashiyama-ku, Kyōto, 605-0074
- Phone: 075/541–6100
- Hours: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
- Location: Eastern Kyoto
- Reservations essential.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more