Among the antiques stores and kimono shops on Shinmonzen-dori, Tozentei emphasizes to-the-letter traditional Japanese cooking. Meals here, made with only local produce, are old-school enough to please a shogun. Grumpy gray windows frame this intimate hideaway that fits only 14. The ¥3000 lunch specials run much cheaper than dinner.
- Address: Nishmonzen Yamato-oji-dori Higashi-iru, Higashiyama-ku, Kyōto, 605-0088
- Phone: 075/561–8024
- Location: Eastern Kyoto
- Reservations essential
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello, Well, I've been back for a couple of months now, so I better put out a trip report before my next vacation coming up next w... Read more
26.03.14 After 10 hrs flight from Copenhagen, arrival at the Narita Airport, Tokyo. Arrival ahead of time. We wait for our two frie... Read more