- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- friendly innkeepers
- family-friendly atmosphere
- free Wi-Fi
- strict curfew
- all shared bathrooms
- mosquitos off the river in summer
Check Rates from our Partners
Ryokan Yuhara Review
Drawing many repeat visitors, the Ryokan Yuhara lets you save a few yen while exploring Kyoto. The friendliness of the staff, as well as its passable English, more than compensates for the spartan amenities. Especially rewarding is a springtime stay, when the cherry-blossom trees are in full bloom along the nearby Takase-gawa. The hotel is a 15-minute walk from the hot neighborhoods of Gion and Ponto-cho and sits right on a small river. There is an 11 pm curfew.
- Address: 188 Kagiya-cho, Shomen-agaru, Kiya-machi-dori Higashiyama-ku, Kyōto, 605-0909
- Phone: 075/371–9583
- Location: Eastern Kyoto
- 10 Japanese-style rooms with shared bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I'm in the middle of planning my Japan trip (work is crazy, so haven't got too far with it yet)...it's still 4 weeks away, but would like to get my Yen sorted out well in advance, as I know Japa Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more