- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Aizen Kobo Review
Two blocks west of the textile center on Imadegawa-dori and a block south, Aizen Kobo specializes in the finest handwoven and hand-dyed indigo textiles. Pure Japanese indigo dye, with its famed rich color, may soften but will never fade. The shop is in a traditional weaving family home, and the friendly owners will show you their many dyed and woven goods, including garments designed by Hisako Utsuki, the owner's wife.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $105 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
As it stands now, we have the following train rides during our October-November stay in Japan:
1. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
There are infinite reasons to hit both Tokyo and Kyoto while visiting Japan (mochi donuts, anyone?). So,... Read more
This pass offers unlimited travel on Japan Railways (JR) trains...... Read more