- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The Japan National Tourist Organization's Tourist Information Center (TIC) in Tokyo has free Hokkaido maps and brochures. It's the best place for travel information in English. If in Hokkaido already, get multilingual brochures and services at the Tourist Information Center found at the North Exit (kita guchi) of JR Sapporo Station opposite Mister Donuts.
To really get out into Hokkaido and see its wild side, join a hiking tour with Japan Adventures. The Hokkaido Bush Pig, New Zealander Leon Roode, runs two- to seven-day camping and hiking trips for the novice and the hard-core hiker.
Hokkaido-Sapporo Tourist Information Center (1F JR Sapporo Bldg., Kita, 6 Nishit 5, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, 060-0806. 011/222–4894. www.welcome.city.sapporo.jp. Daily 8–9.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe