- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Getting Here and Around
From June through August, Air Nippon flies from Shin-Chitose Airport directly to Rishiri Airport (45 minutes) on Rishiri. There are also buses year-round from Sapporo to Wakkanai (six hours), and then ferry connections to both Rishiri and Rebun islands.
Heart Land Ferry has boats that make the daily two-hour crossing to Rebuno and the 100-minute crossing to Rishirio. In summer there are four or five daily ferries, two daily in winter. Fares to Rebun are ¥4,080 for first class and ¥2,400 second class. Fares to Rishiri are ¥3,660 and ¥2,180 respectively. A ferry between the two islands costs ¥880.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe