Sights & Attractions in Hokkaido
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Things to Do in Akan National Park
Akan National Park
Volcanoes rise from primeval forests and lakeside beaches bubble...
|Volcano, Local Interest–Sight, Nature Preserves, Parks, Bodies of Water, Viewpoints, Scenic Drives||Akan National Park|
Akan Nature Center
Between May and October you can enjoy the lake from a canoe with...
|Information Centers, Tours||Akan National Park|
A major stop on bus tours, this small town on the lakeshore has...
|Local Interest–Sight, Neighborhoods / Streets, Towns, Arts / Performance Venues, Scenic Drives||Akan National Park|
Kushiro-Shitsugen National Park
Graceful red-crested cranes preen and breed in protected Kushiro...
|Local Interest–Sight, Nature Preserves, Parks, Viewpoints, Scenic Drives||Akan National Park|
Chugging tour boats with noisy Japanese commentaries and even...
|Local Interest–Sight, Parks, Bodies of Water, Viewpoints, Scenic Drives||Akan National Park|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's