Sights & Attractions in Hokkaido
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Fodor's Choice Sights in Hokkaido
Follow the long gravel paths under Maruyama Park's tall cypress...
|Local Interest–Sight, Religious Sites, Parks, Architectural Sites||Sapporo|
Hokkaido Museum of Northern Peoples
Hokkaido is the southermost point of the northern community of...
|Local Interest–Sight, Museums / Galleries, Educational Institutions||Abashiri|
Nibutani Ainu Culture Museum
An excellent resource for information about the Ainu, this museum...
|Museum Village, Dam, Museums / Galleries, Towns, Architectural Sites, Archaeological Sites, Educational Institutions||Nibutani|
A stop for every tour bus route in the region, this collection...
|Local Interest–Sight, Parks, Bodies of Water, Viewpoints, Scenic Drives, Trails||Shiretoko National Park|
Shiretoko National Park
A highlight of any trip to Hokkaido, the spectacular and miraculously...
|Local Interest–Sight, Nature Preserves, Parks, Bodies of Water, Viewpoints, Scenic Drives, Mountains||Shiretoko National Park|
Taisetsu-san National Park
The country's largest nature preserve, Taisetsu-san National...
|Local Interest–Sight, Nature Preserves, Parks, Viewpoints, Scenic Drives, Trails, Sports, Mountains||Taisetsu-san National Park|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's