- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
In Utoro, pick up information about the park, its sights, and access at Utoro-Shiretoko Michi-no-eki, a two-minute walk from the bus terminal on the waterfront. On the Rausu side, information can be found at the Rausu Visitor Center. Don't forget to check out the hourly 8-meter-high geyser in the woods out back.
Rausu Visitor Center (6–27 Yunosawa, Rausu, Shiretoko National Park, 086-1822. 0153/87–2828. rausu-vc.jp. May–Oct., Tues.–Sat. 9–5; Nov.–Apr., Tues.–Sat. 10–4.)
Utoro-Shiretoko Michi no Eki (186 Banchi 8, Utoro Nishi, Shiretoko National Park, 099-4354. 0152/22–5000. May–Oct., daily 8:30–6:30; May–Oct., Nov.–Apr., daily 9–5.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe