- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Taxi meters start at ¥550 or ¥600, depending on the company. An average fare, such as from the JR Station to Susukino, runs about ¥800 ($7), but be aware the meter ticks up fast, especially after 9 pm. In winter most taxies are fitted with ski and board roof racks, and drivers are adept at stowing even the bulkiest winter gear.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe