- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Public transportation makes renting a car for Sapporo sightseeing unnecessary, but it's a good place to rent for setting out into the southern and western national parks. Trips farther north and east are best made by train; rent a car at the destination. In Sapporo, major car companies are clustered around Sapporo Station.
Honda Rent-a-Car (Kita 10 Nishi 2 1–2, Kita-ku, Sapporo, 003-0023. 011/700–5555. www.hondarent.com/ver1/english. Apr.-Oct., daily 8–8, Nov.-Mar., daily 8–7.)
Toyota Rent-a-Car (Sapporo Station East, Kita 6 Nishi 1, Kita-ku, Sapporo, 060-0806. 011/728–0100. www.toyotarentacar.net/english. Daily 8–8.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe