- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Resort Pension Yamanoue
At a Glance
- in village center
- expansive dinners
- butterflies in late June and early July
- must go next door for hot springs
Check Rates from our Partners
Resort Pension Yamanoue Review
This modern guesthouse sits in the center of the village's flower-filled pedestrian area. The owner is not only a keen lepidopterologist, but also an agile fisherman, so dinners can include freshwater fish, plus seasonal wild mushroom soup served from a giant cauldron in the dining room. Sake liqueurs made from fruits like mountain grapes may enhance (or hinder) the next day's hiking power. There are clean tatami rooms with shared washing areas, and use of the Kurodake no Yu hot spring next door is free. No English is spoken, but faxed reservations in simple English are okay
- Address: Soun-kyo Onsen, Kamikawa, 078-1701
- Phone: 0165/85–3206
- Website: c10edqma.securesites.net/p.yamanoue/english/index.htm
- Location: Taisetsu-san National Park
- 14 Japanese-style rooms without bath.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more