- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Shiretoko Daiichi Hotel
At a Glance
- best place for sunset view
- pig-out dining
- Hokkaido's nature can oddly feel a bit distant
- tour group frenzy in the lobby
Shiretoko Daiichi Hotel Review
Beneath vast sunset ceiling murals, replica antique furniture stands toe-deep in plush carpets decorated with regional flowers—as far as Japanese hotel stays go, it doesn't get much better than this. Located at the very top of Utoro's hotel zone, the hotel offers sensational hot-spring sunset views. Mountain-facing windows look over small vegetable fields, where bear and deer can be spotted chowing down at dusk. Hotel guests do the same at over-the-top buffets. English-speakers are on duty in the evening at the tour desk, although ironically the Web site has reverted to being only in Japanese.
- Address: 306 Utoro Onsen, Shari-cho, Shiretoko National Park, 362-0003
- Phone: 0152/24-2334
- Website: www.shiretoko-1.com (Japanese language only)
- Location: Shiretoko National Park
- 238 rooms, 178 Japanese-style rooms, 41 Western-style rooms, 19 combination rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
This October, my husband and I are stopping off Narita for 11 days on our way back to USA from Taipei. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more