- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Michi-no-ie Shokudo Review
What do squid eyes taste like? Imagine the dog's chew toy, all slimy and gristly, add in an exploding juice ball, and you have the "eye-light" of the ika-sashi ika-sumi don set at ¥1,800. Did we mention that it's actually pretty good? And fresh—your squid is pulled flapping from the tank and returns minutes later sliced, with squid-ink black rice, delicious slivers of still-twitching flesh, soup, pickles, and two big black eyes. Wash it down with gray-squid ice cream for dessert. Too much information? Luckily, the restaurant has plenty of other seafood, and a picture menu for easy selection. Look for a sign with red letters on a yellow background.
- Address: Donburi Yokocho Ichiba 2F, Asa-ichi, 9–15 Wakamatsu-cho, Hakodate, 040-0063
- Phone: 0138/22–6086
- Location: Hakodate
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I can't believe I've gone ahead and done it...I've booked flights to Japan...solo! I'm absolutely terrified and excited at the same time. The furthest I've been before is Korea, and I stayed with a friend Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more