Michi-no-ie Shokudo Review
What do squid eyes taste like? Imagine the dog's chew toy, all slimy and gristly, add in an exploding juice ball, and you have the "eye-light" of the ika-sashi ika-sumi don set at ¥1,800. Did we mention that it's actually pretty good? And fresh—your squid is pulled flapping from the tank and returns minutes later sliced, with squid-ink black rice, delicious slivers of still-twitching flesh, soup, pickles, and two big black eyes. Wash it down with gray-squid ice cream for dessert. Too much information? Luckily, the restaurant has plenty of other seafood, and a picture menu for easy selection. Look for a sign with red letters on a yellow background.
- Address: Donburi Yokocho Ichiba 2F, Asa-ichi, 9–15 Wakamatsu-cho, Hakodate, 040-0063
- Phone: 0138/22–6086
- Location: Hakodate
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's