- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- genuine family welcome
- home cooking
- 15 minutes from downtown, in a residential area
- 10 minutes from Horohira subway stop
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Maki Review
Need a "Welcome back!" after sightseeing? Help with booking hotels ahead? The Inada family does their best with simple English. Hotel Maki is a change of style from the sterility of big-city hotels. Six of the big tatami-mat rooms have private baths, and all have toilets and washbasins. There's also a general bath. The inn is a favorite with out-of-town baseball and ski teams, who wolf down the extensive Japanese-style breakfast available for ¥870. It's in a quiet area five streetcar stops from Susukino. Simple English faxed reservations are best.
- Address: 1-20, Minami 13, Nishi 7, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, 064-0913
- Phone: 011/521-1930
- Location: Sapporo
- 15 Japanese-style rooms (6 with bath).
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $105 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax) — $874 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
As it stands now, we have the following train rides during our October-November stay in Japan:
1. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more